Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the April 1993 Meeting


2013-04-11 07:21:18

 

JERICHO - UNDERHILL WATER DISTRICT

UNDERHILL, VERMONT 05489

Minutes of April 5, 1993                                          

The monthly meeting of the Jericho-Underhill Water District's trustees was held on April 5, 1993 in the basement of the United Church of Underhill. The meeting was called to order by President Harold Sargent at 7:07 P.M. Also present were trustees Peter Mitchell and Bob Fowler, clerk Evelyn Sargent and operator Marc Maheux.

1.    The minutes of the previous meeting on March 1, 1993 were reviewed with some discussion and explanations made of 7.a regarding the flow of water maintained at the parsonage during 'freeze-up' time. Further study will be made of the usage before issuing a proper credit. The minutes were accepted.

2.    The Cash Flow Statement was reviewed and accepted.

3.    The operator Marc Maheux was in attendance at a later point in the meeting and aa, bb, cc and dd was discussed at that time.

  1. Harold noted that the amount of water use immediately returned to normal as soon as the 50 gpm leak at the Mill was valved off.
  2. The leak was brought to Marc's attention after Harold noted high use at the recording chart. It was detected by Marc Maheux and company using the District's listening device.
  3. It was noted that the Guillette property on Maple Ridge was on line Dec. 31, 1992.

aa. Water use was 61,000 gallons per day.

bb. The hydrants need to be flushed, the District needs to purchase a 5" diameter hose for this operation.

cc. Marc stated that his man Jim Kenehan has been trained in the District's operations.

dd. The Board needs an explanation of the installation of the 2nd connection made down at Valley's Edge. Peter Hartwick will be asked to attend the next meeting to answer questions. Harold will contact Vince Paradis regarding the necessary documents to turn ownership of new construction on the system over to the District.

4.    No customer concerns were presented to the Board.

5.    Old Business:

  1. Harold had made several calls, the last on March 29, 1993 to Wagner, Heindel & Noyes to remind them of the April 1, 1993 deadline for report finalization to insure the Grant money would be forth-coming.
  2. A light weight scoop shovel has been purchase and placed in the new Pump House for snow removal.
  3. Peter explained what he had learned from his visits to both Computer Land and the Computer Exchange regarding a computer. A tentative date of April 15th has been set to meet with Ed Moore at his office to discuss what we may need for hard and soft ware. Ed has done water district programs for Chester, Richford, Dover, Jeffersonville, to name a few.
  4. Harold stated that Operator Certification applications were sent in for Marc Maheux, Jim Keneham and himself as all three were operating the system as of September 24, 1992.
  5. Peter and Harold met, with Attorney Vince Paradis to discuss the title search that Peter had done on the District's property line and to go over the deeds concerning Peter's report. One copy was badly blackened, Bob offered to obtain a clear copy
  6. Harold reported he had talked with Mark Smith of the Department of Environmental Conservation and it is looking very good for a final grant payment of about $16,000. to be issued soon. There are a few items to be completed before the final payment can be made (Wellhead Protection Plan and Operator's Manual).
  7. Water rates discussion indicated we still need to understand how our upcoming expenses, i.e. operator job description, testing costs and the State and Federal regulations will impact on our budget.
  8. Harold met with Principal Joe O'Brien at the T.D. School and they agreed that the school would 1) replace the 3" defective water meter with a detector/reduced pressure principal zone protection device which will include a 3/4" meter and one new gate valve. Harold will also contact Peter Bestenbostel of Chittenden East District regarding backflow protection needs at Brown's River Middle School and hydrant re-location.
  9. This item was discussed during the review of the minutes.
  10. CVPS has agreed to shut off power to Pump House #1. Peter will contact them regarding the status of the disconnection.

6.   New Business:

  1. Harold explained the sampling reports from Kjell Laboratories, how the sampling was done and why we use Kjell. Kjell's laboratory is certified by the State of Wisconsin and their service is offered by our polyphosphate suppliers. Harold questioned the results of their phosphate findings in the raw water sample so he sent a follow-up sample.
  2. There was concern regarding snow that had been piled in the District's R.O.W. to Pump House #1 near the Kenneth Mitchell Sr. property. This was believed to be done by a plowing contactor whom plows Kenny Mitchell Jr.'s driveway. This could create some difficulties should we have to activate this well site in an emergency. Harold had spoken with the owners and requested that Kenneth Mitchell Jr. request his snowplow person not to block our R.O.W. roadway in the future. Marc stated that he thought the Emergency Management Division of the Public Safety Department would have portable generators for use on Control Building #2 if needed. Bob will look into this possibility.
  3. The trustees voted to allow Greg Brand and some Scouts plant Willow Shoots along the river banks that the District owns. Harold will notify Mr. Brand of the Boards decision.

7.   New Business:

  1. There seems to be unnecessary use of the road down to the Control Building #2. The gate should be locked from this point through the Fall.
  2. The hydrant flags need to be retrieved. Bob will take care of them.

8.   The District's bills were reviewed and authorized for payment.

9.   The meeting was adjourned at 9:40 P.M.

Respectfully submitted:

 

Evelyn Sargent, Clerk

 

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool