Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the November 1991 Meeting


2013-04-18 03:36:53

 

JERICHO - UNDERHILL WATER DISTRICT

UNDERHILLVERMONT05489

Minutes of November 4, 1991                                      

The monthly board meeting of the Jericho-Underhill Water District was held on Nov. 4, 1991 in the basement of the United Church of Underhill. President Harold Sargent called the meeting to order at 7:07 P.M. Those present were Harold, Trustee Doug Keith, Operator Marc Maheux, citizen Peter Mitchell and clerk/treasurer Evelyn Sargent.

The minutes of the previous meeting held on Oct. 7, 1991 were reviewed and accepted. During the review Doug Keith suggested and it was later agreed upon, to put the flags out on the 10th of November with the assistance of the other board members. Also,

Marc stated that the Singer Valve inspector has not arrived yet.

The financial reports of the District were reviewed and accepted. The treasurer was asked to transfer the cost of the Position Indicator from general fund money to come from the Project Funds. Doug Keith made the motion to pay Blow & Cote, Inc. $8,000.00 on the Poker Hill Work Project upon receipt of the connection fees for the two houses being built at Valley's Edge. The motion was unanimously passed.

An appointment by the Board was needed to fill the Trustee vacancy created when Harold Sargent resigned to accept the Board Presidency. Doug Keith made the motion to pass a resolution to appoint Peter Mitchell to fill the Trustee vacancy terminating in October 1993. The resolution was unanimously passed and Peter Mitchell was appointed Trustee.

Operator Marc Maheux reported the following:

a) He presented a letter he had received from the State Health Department stating specific sampling required by January 1992, i.e. for inorganic, volatile organic and radio nuclide contaminants.

b) Marc had spoken with Bill Cornish of Water Solutions, the company that supplies us with the poly phosphate (Aqua-Mag) chemicals. The test results are back and two samples collected at the Control building showed elevated lead content. Re-testing has been done. Harold alerted Jeff McDonald of Webster-Martin, Inc. about 10 days ago of the test results regarding the lead and asked Jeff to check materials that were used that might have lead.

c) Marc brought attention to the fire, calls that were caused by Halloween pranks on the 30th and 31st of Oct. (tires at the mill were set on fire). They used 60,000 gallons to fight the blaze.

d) A new meter was installed at Donald Langlois, Sr.'s residence on Dickerson Place. The old one had ceased to function (reader numbers did not turn).

e) Marc worked with Hydro-Group and Webster-Martin installing the new pump for the gravel developed well and check valve.

f) Pump House #1 pumps were operated.

g) Interior plumbing at the Patrick McGrath (old railroad station on Park St.) property was found / determined by Marc to be illegal. Lead solder and pipe was removed and replaced using no-lead solder. A final inspection was made and their meter was connected up with an outside reader.

h) Today (11/4) Marc gave the 2nd and 3rd graders from the I.D. Graded School a tour of the water system. There were many questions...little 'inquiring minds wanted to know'!

While Marc was present the Board took up agenda items #7, a & b New Business regarding fluoride and bacteria sampling. Harold stated that the State would like us to do fluoride testing daily. Harold feels safety devices built into our new system are adequate therefore suggested that the Board adopt a sampling schedule of 2 times a week. Marc was requested to give the Board his cost of doing both bacteria (once a month) and fluoride for 5 times a week and for 2 times a week.

 

Under Old Business:

a) Harold stated he had spoken with Jeff McDonald, project engineer of Webster-Martin, Inc. and was informed that Hydro-Group Inc., had ordered the electrical equipment and arranged to have Walt Douglas install the necessary electrical components to run the new 150 g.p.m. pump this Fall.

b) Lead samples were discussed under b) of the Operator's report.

c) There was discussion of Section 28 of the regulations, Connection Fees. The Board acknowledged there could be confusion by the public over how the connection charges are figured. The Board's interpretation is that when an extension of the water main is required to provide water for future customer(s), a connection fee in accordance with the fee schedule under Section 28.2.a would apply. Additional per unit connection fees are then required as shown under 28.1 and 28.2.

Under Other Business:

a) Peter Mitchell presented a letter handed to him via the former President of the Board, David Damkot pertaining to minority contractors that might be available to hire to do the Wellhead Protection Plan with Grant money the Board expects to receive from EPA. Harold offered to call the letter originator to learn what they wish us to do, specifically.

b) As David Damkot was the 'Authorized Representative' who acted on the Board's behalf regarding the Water System Improvement Project (new well) re-designation needed to be made. Doug Keith made the motion to pass a resolution that Harold Sargent be designated 'Authorized Representative'. The motion was so voted unanimously. The clerk was asked to send a letter to the parties involved with the project to advise them of this resolution.

c) A. motion was made and passed to continue the Board of Trustees' monthly meetings on the 1st Monday of each month, except as otherwise notified such as when holidays occur.

d) It was suggested that future billing statements, when ordered include a notation of the fluoridation of our system. The clerk will make note of this for the next time she needs to order billing statements.

e) A letter from Warren Palmer was presented and discussed regarding his request for water for his proposed project of eight, two bedroom condominium units off Raceway Rd. (Wheeler Farm). The Board had given their verbal preliminary commitment at the October 7, 1991 meeting that Mr. Palmer attended. A formal letter will be sent to Mr. Palmer advising him of this preliminary approval of water for eight, two bedroom units.

f) Peter suggested the Board draw up a capacity/allocation/Plan to follow in giving approval for water service. The Board concurred.

The bills were reviewed and approved. The meeting was adjourned at 10:41 P.M.

Respectfully submitted:

 

Evelyn Sargent, Clerk 


 

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool