Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the June 1991 Meeting


2013-05-21 06:32:29

 

JERICHO - UNDERHILL WATER DISTRICT

UNDERHILL, VERMONT 05489

Minutes of June 3, 1991

The monthly board meeting of the Jericho-Underhill Water District was held on June 3, 1991 in the basement of the United Church of Underhill. The meeting was opened by President David Damkot at 7:03 P.M. Those present were trustees Doug Keith and Harold Sargent, operator Marc Maheux and clerk Evelyn Sargent.

The minutes of the previous meeting of May 6, 1991 were reviewed and accepted with one correction in paragraph 12. It should read "requested additional time, money and consideration to enable us to complete the project by obtaining quantities of water originally sought".

The financial reports of the District and the District's Project were reviewed, and accepted. A request was made to show the fees taken in for new connections in a separate line item. The clerk was asked to contact CVPS to obtain the projected figures relevant to the new electric rate differences.

Operator Marc Maheux reported he had been, (1) working with Peter Hartwick on the first phase of his water main construction on Valley's Edge development and has done some testing. (2) He has done most of the hydrant flushing. The hydrant at Big John's and the hydrants by the schools still need to be done. All the hydrants need to be greased and exercised. Harold made a motion to establish a maintenance program of annual flushing, greasing, and exercising them. The motion was passed unanimously. A letter will be sent by Dave to Mr. Tillotson of the Jericho-Underhill Fire Department advising them of the established maintenance program. (3) He mentioned that a few people are using the roadway and property of the new pump house when Marc leaves the gate open occasionally during frequent visits. He recommended the board post the property. The board concurred and Marc will check to see what's available for signs. (4) A bad electrical storm knocked out the telemetry system of the new control-system (May 31st). Mag-Tech will have to build a new transducer receiver or rebuild the damaged one. They promised 'a 2-day turn-a-round. They won't guarantee against lightning damage, but if there were defective parts there will be no charge. Marc will order a new part to keep on hand for a spare. (5) Mrs. Larkin of Jeri-Hill Apts called Marc with a water quality concern. The clerk will follow this up with a call to Mrs. Larkin.

Under old business: (1) Hydro-Group Inc. has requested more money. Dave will show last month's resolution to Mr. Paradis, the board's attorney. Then Dave will speak with Ken Gaynor of Hydro-Group Inc. stating our position. (2) Shop drawings (by Hallam) may not have been correct, as Marc Maheux and Mr. Douglas could not make the specified water level controls work when following the plans. Marc and the Board questioned whether equipment used by the electrical contractor (R. E. Erickson, Inc.) met our engineer’s specifications. (3) The clerk/treasurer was asked to make a list of bills paid to Countryside Heating & Electric (Marc Maheux)that should have been paid for by Project contractors. (4) The clerk was asked to call Green Mountain Earth Care and request them to do some weed whacking around the new building and to mow along the edge of the new road. (5) Harold stated he received a call from Tara Tracy of EPA indicating they have received our grant application to conduct a Wellhead Protection Demonstration Project and our project is one they will be willing to fund in the amount of $16,000.00. Harold will make contact with Kenneth Bannister.

The District's bills were reviewed and signed.

The meeting was adjourned at 9:30 P.M.


 

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool