Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the July 1991 Meeting


2013-05-21 06:34:09

 

JERICHO UNDERHILL WATER DISTRICT

UNDERHILL, VERMONT 05489

Minutes of July 1, 1991

The monthly board meeting of the Jericho-Underhill Water District was held on July 1, 1991 in the basement of the United Church of Underhill. The meeting was called to order by President David Damkot at 7:05 P.M. Those present were trustees Doug Keith and Harold Sargent, and clerk Evelyn Sargent.

The minutes of the previous meeting of June 3, 1991 were reviewed and accepted.

The financial reports of the District and the District's Project were reviewed and accepted.

Operator, Marc Maheux was not in attendance, but submitted a written report.

See attached report accompanying the June reports. In reviewing the operator's report the following was discussed; Para.#4 of Marc's report stated that four trips were made to inspect work done by Mr. Baxter. Since one or two inspection visits is all that is normally expected it was questioned whether the Distict should bill Mr. Baxter for the extra expense. The Board indicated the clerk should bill the Baxter's for extra cost of inspection along with the extra 10' of 1" type "K" copper pipe. This led to discussion of the possible need of a regulation to cover inspection expenses incurred by the District when the homeowner installs his own service line. There is a need to locate the leak that exists in back of Baxter's house. Following up on Para.#7 of Marc's report, Harold will contact Lamoureau & Stone, Inc. regarding the reports for Peter Hartwick's development. Referring to Para.#10, the clerk was asked to write the Underhill-Jericho Fire Department and thank them for assisting with hydrant flushing on Rt. 15 South and at the Browns River Middle School. Para.#15 regarding the replacement of the Subtrol Unit needs to be followed until replacement has been made.

Harold mentioned that Bib McDowell had complained about higher than usual water use bills so he asked Marc to check it out. Marc did not find any existing reason for high use. Her water use was back down to normal, thus it appears the leaky toilet may have been responsible for the high use. The Board decided not to have her meter replaced at this time. Harold will ask Marc to lower the reader at Joseph O'Brien's house because on inspection he found it too high to be read. Doug offered to read the meter at Greenmont Lumber, Inc.

Webster-Martin is conferring with Hydro-Group in an effort to wrap up the project. David stated he had asked for a proposal from Hydro-Group, Inc. Dave will attempt to find what progress toward project resolution is being made by contacting Stan Wilbur of Webster-Marting, Inc. He will also be in contact with Vince Paradis, the District's legal council before the 19th of July.

Harold introduced a letter he had received from EPA dated June 27, 1991 notifying the District that the District has been recommended for a demonstration grant for developing a wellhead protection plan for the new well near Brown's River. Official notification will be made at a future date.

The District bills were reviewed and Signed.

The meeting was adjourned at 9:30 P.M.

Respectfully submitted:

 

Evelyn O. Sargent, Clerk


 

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool