Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the January 1991 Meeting


2013-05-21 05:34:24

 

 

JERICHO - UNDERHILL WATER DISTRICT
UNDERHILL, VERMONT 05489

January 7, 1991 Minutes                                           

The monthly meeting of the Jericho-Underhill Water District was held on January 7, 1991 in the basement of the United Church of Underhill. President David Damkot called the meeting to order at 7:10 P.M. Those present were Dave, trustees Doug Keith and Harold Sargent, clerk Evelyn Sargent, operator Marc Maheux and also for a brief period Michael Quaid of Quicksilver Contracting and Peter Hartwick.

The minutes of the previous meeting on December 3, 1990 were reviewed and accepted.

The financial reports of the District and the District's Project were reviewed and accepted. A request was made that the funds spent on the Poker Hill work done by Blow & Cote be listed separately.

The system's operator, Marc Maheux reported on the leak in front of Binex on Rte 15. The leak was caused by corroded connection, this has been fixed. The need for more security when working near a highway was addressed. The Board agreed to purchase 25 to 30 cones, Marc will be asked to check for prices and make the purchase. Marc will also check to be sure the heat is on in the pit at the storage tank.

Michael Quaid, President of Quicksilver Contracting Incorporated was in attendance and requested that the board consider paying him directly for work he subcontracted to Hydro-Group. Hydro-Group has indicated they would not pay his company until they had been paid by the Water District (it's in the contract). Although the Board was in sympathy with Mr. Quaid's situation it felt it had no choice but to wait until it settled with Hydro-Group, and acknowledged Mr. Quaid's comment that he may have to take legal steps to protect his interests (lien on District).

Dave Damkot presented a letter from Hydro-Group stating they were up on December 27, 1991 and found the electrical contractor had not installed the main wires through the conduit to the well. Blow & Cote together with Hydro-Group are responsible for having the electrical contractor pull the wire through. This caused a time delay as Hydro-Group went home. Harold will get together with Marc regarding needs at the new control building. Punch list items known to the Board will be given Webster-Martin Engineers. The new production pump is in the well. It was run for 2 hours and the well has been disinfected. Hydro-Group needs to return to do the final testing of the pump's operation. Harold said he will have the 'Management Plan' done within 30 days. Marc, who had stepped out of the meeting for a time returned and stated that testing of the pump (against system pressure) will be done Friday, Jan 11th, and that pesticide and bacti samples were recently collected. The Health Department and Department of Environmental Conservation will be doing a joint inspection on Jan. 24, 1991 and the FmHA Engineer and contractors have been invited and are expected to be there. Marc will hook up the chemical pump for the fluoride.

Under old business, Doug Keith said he had checked on the raised curb stops across from the church on Park St. and found that the town had placed patches of asphalt to provide protection against snowplows hitting them.

Under new business, a letter from Blow & Cote's accountant was found by the clerk to be in error regarding a dollar balance due them. This error (to the benefit of Blow & Cote) has been brought to the accountant's attention and a copy of the clerks letter was sent to Blow & Cote. Harold gave the Board results of his questionnaire of last Fall. The questionnaire was sent to twenty-two water systems within the state, asking for information on their billing and minimum water fees. He will formalize the results and mail each participating system a copy. Because the board had asked our meter reader, Joan Stoddert, to read all of the meters this billing cycle, (to compare results with outside readers) a motion was made and seconded to pay her an extra $25.00 to compensate for the additional work. A list of places not metered needs to be reviewed by Marc and the Board to determine which places should be metered. A list of 'trouble' meters needs to be developed and assignments for resolving these problems made. The clerk will develop the list and send it to the Board members and on to Marc.

The bills were reviewed and signed. The meeting was adjourned at 9:36 P.M.

Respectfully submitted:

Evelyn 0. Sargent, Clerk

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool