Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the September 1990 Meeting


2013-05-23 06:01:20

 

JERICHO - UNDERHILL WATER DISTRICT

UNDERHILL, VERMONT 05489

September 4, 1990 Minutes                                     

The monthly meeting of the Jericho-Underhill Water District was held on Sept. 4, 1990 in the basement of the United Church of Underhill. President David Damkot called the meeting to order at 7:06 P.M. Those present were Dave, trustees Doug Keith and Harold Sargent, clerk Evelyn Sargent, operator Marc Maheux and David Langlois and Chris Gluck, members of the water district.

The minutes of the last meeting on August 6, 1990 were reviewed and accepted with the spelling correction of the word Rinqwig development off Palmer Lane.

The treasurer's report was reviewed and accepted. The financial report of the project was also reviewed and accepted. The large number of delinquent accounts was discussed and it was suggested that a second notice be sent along with late charge assessments.

Chris Gluck, a customer who resides on lower Poker Hill Rd. advised the board of her desire to sell a portion of her and her husband's property for a building lot and requested permission for a 2nd water hook-up. Because of prior communication between the potential buyer and the Water Board denying hook-up due to 1; the moratorium prohibiting new connections and 2; due to the small water main that feeds Poker Hill, Ms Gluck was seeking permission to hook-up down the hill to the new 8" line. She requested a letter from us stating the conditions for water service to her vacant lot. She realized she would have to obtain R.O.W. on any private land the line crossed. Harold suggested the Water District consider purchasing the materials, with the owners paying the cost of installing the pipe. According to Ms Gluck they have a health hazard caused by their septic system failure as determined by the Town. Waiving the moratorium was discussed in consideration of the septic system failure. Dave will write a letter of approval for Ms Gluck pending lifting of the moratorium when the new water well is on-line and Vermont Department of Health approval has been acquired. The Board was receptive to Harold's suggestion. Dave will mention a willingness to negotiate a cost with the lot purchaser or seller for installation of the 8" pipe further up the hill.

David Langlois was concerned about our methods of hiring contractors to do repair work on the system. Good dialogue followed, one suggestion being that the Board issue a statement asking contractors to contact the Board for possible work to be done.

Marc reported that the Palmer Lane leak situation has been repaired. At the owners expense the Owen, Blair and Bleakley service lines have been replaced. All the old curb stop boxes have been removed. Some top soil is needed and this project will be completed in a day or so. Final water test results are due shortly. If negative, chlorination can be discontinued.

Repair work on the leak at Doug Keith's is scheduled for tomorrow.

A leak was repaired on Rte 15 in the line leading to Dickerson Street. The leak was under Rte 15 and the plastic line has now been replaced with copper pipe.

Marc is using the chlorine from the new pump house for our current needs. It has a short 'shelf-life' so should be used up.

In an update of the construction work Al Mosey had reported that Walt Douglas, an electrician from Cambridge has pulled the electric cable lines through the conduit. Hydro-Group's sub-contractor is working on the change order (extra conduit for tying in test well) and the mound for the main production well. Hydro-Group is yet to install the pump, and will only after state approval of the pump they (Hydro-Group) selects.

Stan Wilbur and Jeff McDonald of Webster-Martin and Dave met with our attorney Vince Paradis to discuss how to deal with the outstanding bills relevant to the work stoppage from fall 1989 to April 1990. 

Harold and Marc still have to go over a hydrant flushing plan. Marc is to meet with Ed Moore regarding tying our curb stop location directory with the two town's computerized lot plans.

Harold has picked up some yellow hydrant paint and Doug has worked at cleaning the rust off the hydrant at the entrance to Meadow Lane and this task is going to take considerable effort, this work was postponed for a later date. and Doug will get together
Saturday morning the 15th to continue work on the curb stop location directory.

Our procedures for notifying users of unintended water shut-off during emergencies was discussed. It was felt that our present system of placing word over the radio was as workable as can be expected.

A letter from LaMoureux and Stone, consulting engineers for the ID School was noted whereby they requested a letter addressing the ability of the Water District to provide water service for the planned addition to the I.D. School. Harold will respond for the Board.

The date of October 29, 1990 was set for the Jericho-Underhill Water District's annual meeting

It was noted that Harold has done some research into various water system's users fees. He will compile this information into a report for our records.

 

The District's bills were reviewed and signed. The meeting was adjourned at 9:50 P.M.

Evelyn O. Sargent, Clerk


 

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool