Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the August 1990 Meeting


2013-04-20 05:21:59

 

Minutes of August 6, 1990                                     

The monthly meeting of the Jericho-Underhill Water District was held on August 6, 1990 in the basement of the United Church of Underhill. President David Damkot called the meeting to order at 7:04 P.M. Those present were Mr. Damkot, trustees Doug Keith and Harold Sargent, clerk Evelyn Sargent, operator Marc Maheux, Stan Wilbur of Webster-Martin and Peter Hartwick

The minutes of the last meeting on July 2, 1990 were reviewed and accepted.

The treasurer's report was reviewed and accepted. The financial report of the project was also reviewed and accepted. It was noted that the Bond and Grant Anticipation Notes had been renewed on July 31, 1990 for one year. Ms Grover-Preston of the Howard Bank has assured us that there will be NO-pre-payment penalty.

Harold advised the board-of a concern that Mary Bushnell had regarding work being done in the river adjacent to her property in order to get equipment over to the new well site. This was necessary due to river re-channeling as a result of heavy rain on July 23, 1990. Extensive flooding of the river area occurred and she mentioned her bank erosion. She expressed a desire to have the District fix her bank. Harold sent a letter (7/30/90) to Ms Bushnell inviting her to attend our monthly meeting to discuss this matter.

The Board decided to go ahead with the new 2" pipeline that needs to be installed on the last leg of the old Ringwig development off Palmer Lane. This small water line was taken over by the District about 1971. This will involve replacing the old original line and repairing the leak near Robert Bleakley's home. Harold will attempt to contact Lee Murray to ascertain who he hired to make the connections of the approximately 300 ft of 2" schedule 40 representing the new line. As soon as Marc can schedule this work Dave will write the Palmer Lane customers to advise them of a work schedule and will urge them to replace their plastic service lines with approved type 'K' copper at that time.

A leak was discovered and repaired between our curb stop and Marion Gleason's home in her old 3/4" G.I. service line. There were 2 holes which required pipe replacement as opposed to patch repair.

Water has been turned on at the Clark's old Underhill Garage. A new business Rench Tires opened there August 1st.

Marc spent a considerable amount of time getting heavy equipment and a operator to shape the temporary road and river bed to enable Hydro-Group to cross over to the well site. This was all due to flood damage caused by storms on July 3rd and 23rd.

Stan Wilbur reported that after a 96 hour pump test the new well appeared to be producing 150 g.p.m. This shows marked improvement over previous step drawdown testing done by Hydro-Group prior to and after hydro-jetting. A sub-contractor for Hydro-Group will be coming in soon to construct the well mound and set the production pump. The Board asked to have a Tee and valve placed in the well site pipe network in anticipation of future use of the 6" test well.

Stan asked the Board to set up a time to meet with them (the engineers) and the Board's attorney to discuss the delays, overrides, liquidated damages etc. and the additional cost of completing the project. The week of August 27th was tentatively set aside for a meeting.

Peter Hartwick appeared and expressed his concern about the adverse effect that the water project's delays are having on his proposed Valley's Edge Development off Raceway Road in the District. Dave will write a letter explaining the additional delays caused by the recent flooding. Mr. Hartwick's permit expires on Sept. 1, 1990 and. he needs an explanation of the delay in water service to avoid high costs associated with reapplication.

Harold and Marc will put together a schedule plan for hydrant flushing and flow measure to be carried out in conjunction with the Fire Departments training drills.

Dave had received a copy of a letter sent to Susan Martin of the Department of Public Service from CVPS with an itemized accounting of the work CVPS did for us at the project. The explanation did not explain the basis for the heavy (36%) tax we had to pay on top of the cost of engineering, labor and materials for electric power service. Harold will try to find out what the 36% tax assessment is all about.

Harold had gotten a hydrant paint color chart and corresponding prices from Vermont Paint Co. for painting our 27 hydrants. Doug had done some experimenting with a wire brush on the badly rusted hydrant at the foot of Meadow Lane. Doug suggested we purchase some paint and work on a few hydrants to see what it is going to take to get this job done.

Regarding the curb stop location directory, Doug said he will continue with Dave's help as time permits.

The bills were reviewed and signed.

The meeting was adjourned at 10:15 P.M.

 


 

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool