Meeting Minutes

Minutes of the October 1989 Meeting


2013-05-25 13:41:37

 

October 2, 1989 Minutes

The monthly meeting of the Jericho-Underhill Water District was held on October 2, 1989 in the basement of the United Church of Underhill. President David Damkot called the meeting to order at 7:03 P.M. Those present were Dave, trustees Harold Sargent and Doug Keith, clerk Peg Sargent and Marc Maheux, operator.

The minutes of the last regular meeting, September 11, 1989 were reviewed and accepted.

The financial reports of the District and the Project were reviewed and accepted.

Marc reported that he had two shut-offs for the District today, Oct. 2, 1989. He also reported that a copper line has been installed into the basement at Patricia Gray's. Marc said he would ask for a date from Wally Johnson of CVPS regarding the work to be done at the well site by CVPS. Dave will talk with Tom Woodward about setting up an appointment with Marc to look over the pit for the purpose of insulating it. The board suggested the rigid insulation extend at least 2 feet below grade on the insides including the cover.

Project construction is going well. The test well is down 118 feet and the sheep fence has been constructed. The Poker Hill work is nearly completed. Insurance will need to be kept in mind as soon as we formally take possession of the project. Mr. Goss of Poker Hill had extended a verbal 'Thank you' for a good job, with minimum damage to his property.

Dave noted that Contract No. 3A for Poker Hill Road has been signed with Blow & Cote, Inc.

Dave mentioned the further need by the Health Department that the new well site deed be modified to include language that restricts its use to water supply. Harold will provide the recommended language.

A consensus of the board was that there is a need to ask Mr. Hurley of CVPS to address our electric usage. Dave suggested that he be contacted to attend a future board meeting.

Preparations for the annual meeting seem to be in order, the auditors have been contacted and Peter Mitchell has been contacted regarding his avail­ability as Moderator. Warnings have been posted and issued through two newspapers.

Harold again brought up Ken Mitchell's request for road maintance on the access road to the old pump house. Harold made the motion to have Mr. Mitchell do as much as he can for not over $700.00, doing the work now, and deferring payment until June 1, 1990. Discussion centered on the definite need for this work but due to the shaky state of the District's finances and until the projects final debt is known, the board felt they could not make any maintenance commitments at this time. The motion was defeated. Harold will relay the boards' decision and explanation to Mr. Mitchell.

The bills were reviewed and signed. The meeting was adjourned at 8:42 P.M. Respectfully submitted:


 

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool