Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the July 1989 Meeting


2013-04-20 07:17:01

 

July 3, 1989 Minutes

The monthly board meeting of the Jericho-Underhill Water District was held on July 3, 1989 outside at the United Church's parsonage, adjacent to the United Church of Underhill. President David Damkot called the meeting to order at 7:05 P.M. Those present were Dave, trustees Harold Sargent and Doug Keith and clerk Peg Sargent.

The minutes of the last meeting on June 5, 1989 were reviewed and accepted. The treasurer's report was reviewed and accepted.

There was no System Operator's report. Doug will check the pump house in Marc's ab­sence.

Under old business, Harold reported he had contacted Tom Woodward regarding the ground work that needs to be done where the Brookside leak was repaired. Tom will be doing this work in about two weeks. Harold will follow this job through. Tom and Harold also checked the vault regarding the work that needs to be done there, Harold will cap some dead wires there before proceeding further with this project. Harold also stated he had made contact with the Koniuto's regarding our effort to get the meter readings to coincide with the quarter billing dates. In talking with Mr. Keszey of Green Mountain Earth Care regarding his work done at the pump house, Harold asked him to check for any rodent boles and to notify us. Harold will check with Cliff Hill about mowing the field by the, pump house. The water meter at the Fire Station is installed and the installation has been inspected, we wil4 start reading and billing them as of July 1, 1989.

Doug reported that Roger has started reading the meter at the former Leon Dumas pro­perty, now the Patricia Gray property. The question of billing this property was discussed in the absence of a deed stating our 'right of way' for the meter vault located on this property the trustees agreed that this property would not be billed as long as we need access. When we can abandon the vault and it has been filled, then billing will begin. Peg was asked to write a letter to Patricia Gray notifying her of this decision-

Also discussed was the necessity of a trustee accompanying Marc on shut-offs. Dave had checked with Pat Keith of Jericho and found that they do not accompany Marc on their shut-offs. The board agreed that a trustee accompanying Marc was not a real necessity except in special situations. Dave will write Marc stating the board's policy.

Dave said we still do not have figures from Blow and Cote regarding their cash flow. Dave will call them for their estimate of the Poker Hill project which we had requested.

Peg still needs to write up an agreement letter for customers to sign when the leak, is found to be their responsibility and they wish to have the crew at hand do the work. Dave needs to contact Mr. Hurley regarding ways to reduce our electric bills. Peg was asked to write a Thank You letter to Bob Greenia for his presentation to the board on June 5, 1989.

Dave has talked with three banks regarding our construction loan, the Chittenden, the Howard and the Franklin-Lamoille. They will send us their rate proposals.

Harold had called Ron Poor, the project engineer about moving the first construction trailer down on the site, its present location represents a hazard along the side of the road. He also brought to Mr. Poor's attention a bent pipe, they agreed to use that pipe for the one that needs to be cut. Harold also mentioned a concern regarding oil on the site, and asked to have this brought to the attention of the workmen.

Prints for Barrett Lane have been received from Jerry Adams.

The bills were reviewed and signed. Also a list of all delinquent water bills was reviewed and shut-off notices were indicated.

 

Meeting was adjourned at 9:07 P.M.

Respectfully submitted:

Evelyn O. Sargent


 

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool