Meeting Minutes

Minutes of the August 1989 Meeting


2013-05-25 13:38:43

 

August 7, 1989 Minutes

The monthly meeting of the Jericho Underhill Water District was held on August 7, 1989 in the basement of the United Church of Underhill. President David Damkot called the meeting to order at 7:15 P.M. Those present were Dave, trustees Harold Sargent and Doug Keith, clerk Peg Sargent and Marc Maheux, operator. •

The minutes of the last regular meeting, July 3, 1989 and the minutes of the Emergency meeting of July 15, 1989 were reviewed and accepted.

The Treasurer's report was reviewed and accepted.

A copy of the systems operator's report, see separate report, was reviewed and discussed. The Brookside repairs are in good shape, the tar is good and the grass growing, the tar job at Royce's looks good, the Park Street repair still shows some sagging. Marc noted that he had to reset the pumps three times during 7/16 to 7/21 due to possible Fire Dept use and new project flushing. Peg will write a letter to the Fire Dept asking for their cooperation in advising us when they were opening hydrants. Marc advised that the shut-off valve to Raceway does not shut down. Marc brought to the boards attention a reply he had received from the State Health Dept regarding in­spection of the tank. This was discussed and all were in agreement this matter should be attended to when funds are available. Harold noted the hydrant on Mill Road needs repairs and it was determined to have this taken care of whenever there is a backhoe around doing another job. Also noted, the curb stop near the Flower Shop is not functional, the cap is gone.

Estimates for the hook-up of the Bushnell barn were $1,200.00 from Marc with $600.00 from Gary Lunderville. The board agreed to have Marc and Gary go ahead with this project. The possibility of a hook-up at Barnerd Coffey's renovated building was mentioned. Harold will follow this through with a copy of our regulations and a letter of explanation. Doug spoke about the beaver problem near the project site adjacent to the Mill's property. Gracie Mills said that Dwyer had taken care of the beaver(s). Gracie gave the district permission to go onto her land should they need to destroy a beaver dam, Doug will advise Ron Poor, engineer at the site.

Under construction meeting reports, the rip-rap is all in and approved. Barry Cahoon, state inspection engineer for stream bank stabilization has made his inspection. CVPS has advised our engineers that the cost for making the power connection to-the new site will be $15,208.00. $11,700.00 was budgeted; the prior quote from CVPS had been $11,000.00. Dave will pursue this matter with Mr. Beginski of Webster-Martin and Mr. Hurley of CVPS. There is need to replace the pole prior to this connection.

An estimate from Blow & Cote was presented to install the water extension line under Contract #3 to the first hydrant across the brook for $19,495.00. As there is no time to advertise for a bond vote, and because of a tight time schedule to do the job, the board could not see a way clear to get this done. Dave will draft a letter of refusal.

Peter Hartwick had requested a letter from the district assuring the availability of water for his planned -development, Dave will draft a letter to Mr. Hartwick.

Peg needs to put together a letter for customers to sign acknowledging which repairs are the district's responsibility and what is the customers responsibility.

The bills were reviewed and signed.

The Meeting was adjourned at 10:50 P.M.

Respectfully submitted:


 

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool