Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the October 1987 Meeting


2013-05-27 08:16:30

 

The monthly meeting of the Jericho-Underhill Water District was held on October 5, 1987. President David Damkot called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m. Those present included David, Trustee Harold Sargent, Trustee Douglas Keith and Sue Carter.

The minutes of the previous meeting were read and accepted. The financial statement was read and accepted.

David entered into the minutes a letter from the Underhill Zoning Board dated 9/18/87 on the Von Turkovich development on Route 15 at the base of Poker Hill.

Berm Area: Harold reported there was no new information on the rusted electrical junction box. He said it has to be replaced and did the Board want CVPS to do the work? He would contact CVPS again for cost, etc.

Lonny Morse has brought some dirt down and dumped it at the berm area.

Winterizing the test well heads: Harold will seek the easiest and least expensive solution to winterize these heads. His suggestion would be to run a plastic pipe to the brook and let them run.

The storage shed is OK. It needs some clapboards. David will call Tom Moore about doing this.

Doug will check into fixing the sidewalk area at the Kingsbury property, end of GAR Place and at the King property.

David will call Marc about shuting off the water to the cemetary.

Palmer Lane Easement: Doug will take the map down to Mr. Bleakley in hopes that he will be happy with the proposed placement of the new pipe.

Sue will look into the purchase of a new typewriter.

Bushnell/Mills land acquisition. Norm Rice, surveyor, is drawing up a description statement of what we will be buying. As soon as that is returned, it will be given to the attornies for both parties. Harold has received approval from the State Health Department to sue this well site. Harold will see Bill Spitzel about the letter of approval.

Rules and Regulations. Harold still has a few changes to be made. A discussion took place on different sections of the report.

Harold made a motion that we advertise the revised rules and regulations and that we hold a hearing for public view. Doug seconded. Motion unanimously passed.

David asked if the hearing could be held at the annual meeting or does it need to be a special time? They agreed that it could be done at the annual meeting.

Allen Bolio fitted a gauge onto an outside spigit and Doug will ask him to submit a bill for this gauge.

Doug brought up a question of whether we should reimburse the church for usage. Harold had spoken with Richard about this question and Richard said that the Board is welcome to use the church at no cost.

Bills were reviewed and signed

David read letters from the Underhill Town Planning Commission, Pomerleau Agency and from Mert and Grace Mills requesting hook up for the store.

David made the motion that this request be tabled until such time that the Board receives a request from John Kordish on the same property. Harold seconded this motion. It was voted unanimously to table this request.

The meeting was adjourned at 9:00 p.m.


 

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool